Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving 2009!







It was a crazy but fun filled Thanksgiving Day for us in China! Toby, Debbie, and their beautiful boys flew from Dubai to Beijing... We haven't had family (besides our overseas family) for Thanksgiving in five years so this was an extra special treat. I can't express how great it is to see them! Wesley is walking now and when I picked him up, he just cuddled me and laid his head down... melted my heart! Stuart is becoming such a big boy and is so sweet with Gabby... they are like two peas in a pod. It was a bit of a rough night, though... Gabby's room is pretty big, so it can easily fit her crib and big girl bed, which is what Stuart is sleeping on. We don't have a lot of space so this seemed like a practical solution... Gabby was being really naughty and kept climbing out of her crib. Travis overheard Stuart tell Gabby to go to bed... one time I opened the door and Gabby was completely naked and they were both taking things out of her closet. This went back and forth for awhile. We also caught Gabby in Stuart's bed a couple of times... Poor Stu just wanted to sleep! FINALLY, they fell asleep... but geez- that was work.

Although there were lots of other special people missing, we had a fabulous Thanksgiving... The kids ate macaroni and cheese and the adults ate... what else? Chinese food.

What I am Thankful for this Year:
1. My friends and family are in good health
2. Gabby is becoming such a wonderful little girl and is healthy and happy
3. Job security
4. Having the best husband in the world
5. My best friend, Beth (and Gabby's guidemama) is rad. She has an awesome sense of humor and has an uncanny way of picking me up (via email) when I am down... She does cool things that make me feel special (care packages, birthday cards, etc.) and I'm really grateful that our friendship has blossomed, even though we live so far away and don't see each other that much. 

1 comment:

Beth Zarling said...

You made me tear up! I made the top 5. I miss you!!! I love the pictures with the great hats. Gotta love Target!