Sunday, November 1, 2009
United Nation's Day
Whoa! Busy weekend. On Friday, Travis and I had Parent-Teacher conferences until 5:00. That night, we celebrated our birthdays, with some other friends, at King's Bar. We decided to have an "80's Party" theme. Travis turned his collar up and rolled-up his jeans. I couldn't find anything to wear so I didn't dress up. I know, totally lame, but I've been so busy lately... it's insane. We had so much fun, though! We didn't get home until 1 am. Trav's band also played that night. I'll be sure to get some video of that and post it on our blog. On Saturday morning, Gabby had a birthday party. Afterwards, her school hosted a "United Nation's Day," where all the kids dress-up in their national costume and bring a dish from their country. I had no idea what to put Gabby in... there really is no national costume of America. I could only think of a cowboy hat and boots, but that's not the American culture we relate too... Thank goodness my awesome friend Beth made Gabby a red, white, and blue dress for the Fourth of July this summer. She saved me! It's super cute and says "Democrat" all over it (my mom is rolling her eyes now). I put it over a white shirt and blue jeans (that's pretty American, right?) and placed a red, white, and blue garland over her head. I had it left over from when we went to the Olympics. The school set-up some arts and crafts activities, jack-o-latern cutting, and other things. We also participated in the "Wrapping your Mummy" game- which we won! Gabby got her face painted and we enjoyed some yummy international food. I made pumpkin pie to represent the U.S.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am glad you got more use out of that dress!
Post a Comment