Tuesday, November 24, 2009

End of an Era

Gabby figured out how to crawl out of her crib. I was hoping we could do the "big girl bed" thing after winter break when she's 2 1/2 but we may need to do this sooner. Last night, she got out about five times, including twice in the middle of the night. That sucked! The first time she got it it was 1o minutes after we laid her down, she just opened our bedroom door and said "Hi!" It scared the hell out of me! I was just laying there watching TV... Our bedroom is on the top floor, so she just walked up the stairs like the little girl she is becoming... I couldn't believe it. She is really growing up! I put her back to bed and then listened at the door... I caught her in the act! She just puts her legs over and jumps off. Not a big deal to her, I suppose. Needless to say, I'm really tired today. It would be so easy just to have her sleep with us but we are being strong! Toby, Debbie, and their boys will be visiting us this week (on Thanksgiving!) so Stuart will sleep in Gabby's big bed, and after he leaves, we'll do the whole "big girl bed" thing... not too excited about it. I guess I like the confinement of the crib too much.

1 comment:

Beth Zarling said...

At least you and Trav weren't doing anything emotionally scarring for a daughter to see when she popped in.
I was wondering when the big girl bed comes in to play. Now I know. NExt year at this time for us.....