Friday, January 7, 2011

Gabby's Imagination and Lady Gaga

We are deep into the imagination, magical thinking, and "why?" stage of her development... She says super imaginative things... she was walking down the stairs and saying that there was poison on the stairs and we had to be very careful and started explaining a story about a mean lady and monsters and how we need to be quiet...

The nickname, "Gabby," has proven to be a well deserved name. This girl loves to talk your ear off and has the "gift of the gab,' as the Irish would say. Lately, she has been telling our friends stories about movies and princesses. She almost makes up the story as she goes but with so much enthusiasm and energy. It's hilarious. She is obsessed with the Disney princesses and Barbies... she naturally just gravitated to that. Every chance she gets, she still wants to wear her Snow White dress. It's just the girl in her, I suppose. On the other hand, she plays like a boy. She has no problem running around, getting sweaty and dirty.

She also LOVES Lady Gaga. When we drive around in the car, I'll ask her what she wants to listen to and she says, "Paparazzi and Pokerface." You can hear her in the back singing away...

Everything in the past couple of months is "why?" Why do you work? Why do we have to clean-up the room? Why do I have to eat my vegetables?

1 comment:

Beth Zarling said...

Harper is like that too: girly and one point and totally tomboy at another. I love it. I would like to think she got that from her mama.