I'll be 40 weeks pregnant this Monday! Holy Crap.
We saw the doctor on Tuesday and the baby dropped and I'm now one centimeter dilated... My lower back is hurting, I'm sleeping like crap, and I've been having lots of Braxtin Hicks contractions that have been a little painful... SO things are moving but we still don't know when I'll have the baby. The doctor said two days or one week... Real helpful but this whole thing is not an exact science so I'll be patient. Today we saw our old child-birth instructor, Kathi Levitan, who has also offered to help give us labor support. We went over positions, how the midwives work at the hospital (we hired one for Gabby's birth so we never used a Chinese one), and went over ways we could make the experience even better. We're going to watch some birthing videos and read over some things so that we've got all our bases covered. I'm not scared this time around. It's weird. I know it's super painful and it will totally suck but I also know that I can do this. I know what to expect and I'm ready to kick ass and take some names all over those contractions. Yah, baby!
2 comments:
I can hardly stand it...I just can't wait to hear the news! Really,though sending positive labor vibes your way and if anyone can do it, you can! love you guys xoxo
Good luck! I remember being there the first time and you kicked ass. I wish I could be there this time.
Post a Comment