Thursday, January 13, 2011

40 Weeks and 3 Days... Update

I saw Dr. Afnan today... Love this guy!

I did another Non-Stress Test (NST) and everything went great and the baby is healthy. Yay! The monitor detected some contractions but I still cant feel anything. Not sure if that's good or bad. It does make me feel better that SOMETHING is happening. I also got an ultrasound to check the aminiotic fluid and that's normal too. I loved watching the baby move around. I wanted to ask what the sex was but resisted. That's some serious restraint. The baby weighs over 8 pounds, but the best part... the baby was sucking on his index finger. The ultrasound technician and I had a good laugh at that and she let me watch for a little while. It's so weird knowing that I have a human baby in my belly just hanging out in there...

If the baby doesn't come within the next day then we'll see the doctor on Saturday and consult about what to do next... I'll be 41 weeks on Monday.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm so excited for the three of you! I wish I was there to welcome in the newest addition to the Tebo clan. Lots of love!

Beth Zarling said...

I am glad everything seems to be going well. Maybe you'll have a completely painless birth and that is why you don't feel contractions!