40 Weeks Pregnant
At the Hospital... Waiting...
Creepy Lop-Sided Belly!
I shared with Dr. Afnan that I wasn't feeling the baby move as much so they gave me a Non-Stress-Test (NST). basically, they hook you up to some monitors to hear the baby's heartbeat and I press a button every time it moves and the machine graphs all of this. Holy cow the baby was moving during that! However, the heartbeat slowed down (they call them decelerations) four different times. There were two times that it was significant because it went from 140 to 90 beats. To play it safe, the doctor wanted to induce me that day. I was a little bummed and totally not prepared, but whatever is best for the baby. I was admitted around 11:30 am and they put a prostaglandin in to ripen my cervix. The machine said that I was having contractions but I didn't really feel them, but more importantly, no decelerations from the baby... I kept myself busy with the iTouch- thank gawd I brought that with me because there's wireless! Around 4 pm, I felt something a little stronger but those went away. Travis arrived around 6 pm and we hung out, watched an episode of Glee, and went to bed early... just waiting for something to happen...
The next morning, I felt just fine and really wanted to leave. The midwives mentioned giving me pitocin (drug that simulates Oxytocin, which brings-on contractions) but I was very clear that I didn't want that. To be honest, I was scared. I heard horror stories about how painful that can make your contractions, especially if they give you too much. Plus, if it doesn't work then they have to cut you open and get the baby out. That all seems really overwhelming... Luckily, our doctor agreed and we did another NST Tuesday morning and everything was fine. After they took the prostaglandin out, they observed me. I wasn't dilated at all (maybe a finger-tip), so we went home. I really missed Gabby and she was SO HAPPY to see us. I swear she just grew-up a little that day I missed. She said, 'I want the baby out now!" I couldn't agree with her more.
I go see the doctor tomorrow, unless of course I go into labor, and I'll do another NST and see how the baby is doing and if I dilated at all... Of course, I'll keep everyone updated.
I ovulated late the month I conceived and Gabby was six days late... so it looks as though we may have a couple of days, but who really knows.
Send my some positive labor vibes****


1 comment:
The baby seems super low and popped out!
Post a Comment