Billy Bob and Bubba
Holding our Beloved MO'scar
The Other Rednecks of Movember
Greg, Riley, Matt, Me, and Mark
We celebrated "Movember" for the first time at ISB this year... If you don't know, below is a little bit about the fundraising event that started in Australia. If you're a woman and want to support men's health then you're called a "mo sista'" and can wear a fake moustache, or be like me and juat a wear a button to support it.
To celebrate the craziness, our school celebrated the MO'scars. There were several categories but Travis and I went for best Mo' and Sista' Combo as rednecks- and we won! It was hilarious. Seriously. I need to find the video and post it. We had a blast and totally hammed it up on the catwalk. We couldn't see a thing on stage but the amount of applause was insane. For some people, seeing a bare pregnant belly caused some mixed reactions... From fellow mom's and dads- they thought it rocked. However, I think I shocked some of the more "conservative" staff... and you know I loved doing that. He-he. Afterwards, we all went to the staff lounge and had MO-garitas and snacks. That's right, our school has proper parties where alcohol is served. I obviously didn't partake but appreciated all the work people did to decorate and make it happen. I love working at this school. Yes, it's demanding and exhausting but we do know how to have fun!
The Mo, slang for moustache, and November come together each year for "Movember". Movember challenges men to change their appearance and the face of men’s health by growing a moustache. The rules are simple, start Movember 1st clean-shaven and then grow a moustache for the entire month. The moustache becomes the ribbon for men’s health, the means by which awareness and funds are raised for cancers that affect men. Much like the commitment to run or walk for charity, the men of Movember commit to growing a moustache for 30 days.

1 comment:
I LOVE Trav's goatee. You look pretty damn awesome too.
Post a Comment