Monday, December 27, 2010

Boxing Day & Super Husband



As I mentioned earlier, we were too lazy on Christmas Day to make a big dinner so we decided that "Boxing Day," typically not celebrated by Americans, would be a good time to make a proper dinner. Travis did some research online and made the best turkey in the world. Seriously. It was amazing. The white meat was so tender and the whole dinner was delicious. It was all gluten free, so Gabby could try everything. Notice that I wrote "try" because she didn't really eat it all. However, I was pleased she loved the turkey. We made pumpkin pie, broccoli casserole, and a sweet potatoto dish with brown sugar and walnuts on top. We're quite proud of our dinner! The best part was that Travis cleaned-up. Yay!

I married Travis for several reasons but I didn't realize how handy he would be around the house... He's been doing little repairs around the place that have needed to be done, which has been great. He's also been taking Gabby swimming and out to play dates so I can get a massage or get my scrapbooking done. Not to mention, he makes a damn good turkey and homemade chicken noodle soup. I think this guy is a keeper. :)

1 comment:

Beth Zarling said...

That did look good! Josh's only thing he can cook is a turkey and he does it well too. The boys can get together and trade secrets. I never saw such a full on shot of the playroom Gabs has. It's AWESOME!!!