Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dare I Say This Out loud?

I think she is offically "potty-trained"??? I'm sure I just jinxed myself, but we have completed one full week of no diapers during nap and bed time. Last week she literally told Travis and I... "I don't want to wear diapers, I'm a big girl." *arms crossed on her chest* "Hmphh." Oh sure, we heard that before, but I think she meant it this time, as she's getting up in the middle of the night to pee and her bed has been dry. *fingers crossed*

Now that I'm thinking about it, I can share some things that she's been up to... the most obvious from a parental stand-point is her speech. It's becoming more and more clear. The most entertaining thing right now is watching the "imaginative play" take place... she talks to her dolls and animals and has them play with each other. She re-enacts scenes that happen to her in real-life via her Little People toys. It's hilarious! I caught her yesterday telling her doll to be nice and share, afterwards she was humming "Bad Romance" by Lady Gaga. Too funny! She's recognizing more and more letters and loves to point out shapes. Travis took her swimming and she looked at the pool and said, "That's one big rectangle!" It's so cool watching her grow-up. I told her not to change anymore and she said, "No way!" Oh well... I better enjoy it while I can...

Jazzy Tebo? That's Gabby's new name for her baby sister, as she insists it'll be a girl. She's been stuck on that name for about three weeks now...

1 comment:

Beth Zarling said...

There you go. That is a great idea for her name! Jazzy.
You shouldn't have said she was potty trained. She is going to poop in the car this week.