Saturday, October 3, 2009
Beijing Zoo
The Tebo family took an unexpected trip to the Beijing Zoo today. The weather has been glorious. I mean, seriously amazing, so we decided to drive around and explore after our daily trip to Starbucks and 30 cent Beijing burrito stop. I've been bugging Travis to take us to the zoo, so I guess my female persuasion skills are still working. Hee-hee. I really just wanted to take Gabby to see the pandas, since she's such an animal lover. As with most Chinese tourist attractions, it was a little bit ghetto (i.e. not very clean, modern, and an abundance of gold trim). Gabby peed on the squatty-potty, which I thought was quite impressive. Anyway, the pandas were all mainly sleeping except for one that was eating. Gabby was amazed and loved it. We saw monkeys, giraffes, lions, the usual. The unfortaunate part was the bear exhibit. The bears looked skinny and depressed and the living area was small. The worst part were the people feeding the bears deliberately, even though the signs say "do not feed." It's one of those annoying things about this country... People don't respect rules (and animals).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I figured a Chinese zoo might be depressing.
I am so excited Gabby did the squatty potty. That was hard for me to master!
Post a Comment