Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Just Another Weekend

It was a pretty good weekend... Friday after school we went swimming, but left quickly because it was a tad too cold for me. Plus, our friends, Stephen and Velora, came over for dinner. On Saturday, we took a family to the Dirt Market, a famous market where you can buy Chinese antiques. I love going there but I'm always so overwhelmed by everything. Plus, you have to be careful for fake stuff and that you don't get ripped off. People sell gorgeous pottery, Tibetan furniture, paintings, silver jewelry, jade, and knick-knacks to decorate your home with.. you just need time and patience- which is quite hard with young kids. We had a fun lunch at the "shouting restaurant." A place that's really busy, loud, and crazy- which is kind of fun. They also have cheap, yummy Chinese food. That afternoon, Gabby didn't want to sleep, so we stopped fighting it. I took her out for a bike ride and went grocery shopping while Trav played guitar with his buddy. He also went out that night with some friends later- I'm such a nice wife! On Sunday, we had a play date at the school, with all of the other ISB teachers that have children the same age. The kids had a blast! They found some water and were running around naked, playing in the sand... what a fun age...Gabby loves to get messy and dirty so this was right up her alley.

I love her new school. We get a "communication folder" every day she attends that tells us how she's doing and what she did/learned at school. On the second day, the teacher wrote that Gabby was singing constantly and settled in well. :) We are, unfortunately, having issues with her eating... she got some gluten somehow and I'm 95% sure it was from school because she didn't eat anything different on Friday. I let the teacher know and she felt bad but I have to be vigilant. In general, she's not eating much lately and dinner time has been a constant battle. I don't want her to get into the habit of getting a bunch of food choices. What we give her, is what she eats... it's hard... I can see why parents give-in to things sometimes because we're tired after a long day and just want to relax. Anyway, we haven't given up. I imagine it's just a phase. It's not as if she'll go hungry.

1 comment:

Beth Zarling said...

You got to be the boss and that takes a lot of time and effort. Give yourself a break now and again though. No one is perfect. Plus, perfect is boring. YOu kick ass as a mom and sometimes you gotta just give in and take a break. It's hard to be the glutten nazi!