Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Rainy Day Weekend
It seriously felt like the pacific northwest this weekend... rainy and a little chilly. We didn't do much but had lots of family time, which I loved, and got some things done around house. Some friends came over for lunch on Saturday, and afterwards I drove down with them for some "Cara time." I got a foot massage and a pedicure, and went to my friend's house who had a girl's night out party. We all brought either wine or tapas (appetizers) and just talked. Good times. I got home around midnight, which isn't so bad. On Sunday, I felt like I was coming down with something... I actually thought I was pregnant (I'm not) because it felt like I had morning sickness. Unfortunately, this made me a lazy/tired mom on Sunday, so Gabby missed a birthday party downtown. I feel bad but I REALLY didn't feel good. Anyway, Travis was a super good husband that day... he drove to an art studio that was having a moving sale. We got a great deal on a Little Tikes Cabin and a super cheap play kitchen (some European brand). The lady sold us a snazzy Britax car seat and we got a good price on this tent that holds plastic balls, so Gabby can jump around in there. Travis came home with all these goodies- plus coffee and a Beijing burrito (yum!). He put the bikes together (we had to get new tires) and he cleaned the toys like crazy while I laid on the couch. He gets the good husband/dad award for the day. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a good dad! Be careful, some of those little bit older (2 or so yrs)Britax seats are having issues because the glue in the cushion causes reactions on kids' skin. It happened to my college friend.
Post a Comment