Friday, August 14, 2009

Bad Poop but Good Mood

I promise I'll stop writing about Gabby's poop... You would be the same way if you had a kid with Celiac and were paranoid about gluten. For those who don't know, when Gabby eats gluten she gets really runny poops- which is a sign that she ingested some. It happens but it's not good because it can lead to other issues down the road. Anyhoo, she didn't poop all day yesterday. Sure enough we got a wake-up call at 1 am (this is a work night BTW) and Gabby pooped a nasty, runny poop. It was in her hair and all over her hands so we quickly rallied. Trav gave her a bath and I cleaned the crib. The whole time she didn't really mind and had a smile on her face... We put her back to bed and all is well. This morning she woke up, played with her teddy and bunny, and then started singing the "Happy Birthday" song. What I cant figure out is that she's not ever in a really bad mood. When she's tired, YES. BAD MOOD. The reason I think it's weird is because adults with Celiac, who ingest gluten, usually get very tired, grumpy, and lethargic. I have never seen this side to her...yet...

Every morning she gets up and plays in her crib and then when she's ready she'll yell out "mommy!" I call down the stairs (the master suitte is the floor above the bedrooms which sounds fancy but NOT) and I tell her I'm coming. Then she yells back "okay!" This TOTALLY cracks me up. I don't really know why... How she says okay is just funny. I also have no idea the last time she cried in the morning when she was ready to get up, or eat, or whatever... she suddenly doesn't cry at all (unless she's hurt). I believe that transition has happened for awhile but it was gradual. Funny how that happens...

1 comment:

Beth Zarling said...

That is cute that she plays and then calls you when she is ready.
I am sorry she had a runny poop.