Monday, August 3, 2009

Back in China...

Two words... STICKY and LOUD. Sticky because of the humidity and loud because of all those friggin' bugs in the trees. It's like living in the rain forest. The flight was pretty uneventful but in a good way. Gabby was awesome and did great on the airplane- cried a little here and there but nothing big. You should have seen us and all the looks we got at the airport, though. We went back with seven 50-pound bags and three carry-on suitcases that were probably 50 pounds each (that's where we load all of our heavy books). Travis told the lady that we had so much stuff because we lived there and that a lot of it was food for Gabby because she has a special diet (which is true). We didn't have to pay a cent even though we had an extra bag! Yippee! Anyway, Trav, Gabby, and I are acclimating well to our "other" home. It was raining cats and dogs when we arrived and the driver wasn't there to take us home so we took a van and paid too much. Oh well. Travis was completely soaked taking out all of our luggage- what a good guy. After we got in to our clean home with A/C, Gabby ran over to her play room and Travis and I ordered our favorite Chinese food. We watched "Pretty in Pink" because the cable wasn't connected yet. I fell asleep with my mouth hanging open and drool down the side of my face. I was SO TIRED. Chen came over Sunday morning and helped unpack us and ironed all our clothes and put them away. I missed having an ayi. While that was happening, Travis and I went to the bar, had some beers, then a pedicure and massage. While we were there we met one of the new counselors and the new school psychologist. We ended up going back to the bar for dinner and to visit with them. I love China! Now I'm back at work as if I've never left... it amazes me how quickly we adjust between these two worlds...

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Love it! Glad you guys made it back safely and are back into the swing of things and having so much fun!

Beth Zarling said...

we miss you!