With a tear in our eyes and shoes on our feet (we literally didn't wear shoes for four days) we left Boracay and headed for Manila... We had such a great time and loved the Philippines. I could see us live and work there some day. It's like America but with Filipino people and SUPER expensive gluten free food, but at least they had it. People are very religious there. At one of the malls, there was even a Catholic service going on right in the middle of things. I also got a chance to visit my old secretary, Sherril, her husband Dave, and their gorgeous baby Drea. They took me to a yummy Filipino restaurant for lunch. Afterwards, we got a dessert, called a "mango blast" that was divine.
Gabby saw her first movie, "How to Train a Dragon" in 3D. She really freaked out at first because they were showing a trailer for "Iron Man" and it was super violent. We sat a little too close and it was loud, so Travis took her out because she was screaming, "I want to go home!" After awhile she calmed down and watched the movie. She still talks about the dragon and the "big TV."
Oh yah, we went to Manila because of a teaching conference. I don't want to bore you with details, but it was okay.
1 comment:
YOu need to be posting pictures. I was wondering what age Harper would sit through a movie. So in about a year....
Post a Comment