Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Gabby Update

This morning, while I was taking a shower, Travis was sleeping, and Gabby was supposedly watching TV, she went downstairs to her room and picked out an outfit for school and dressed herself. I was quite impressed by how it was color-coordinated and appropriate for school. In the past, she'd put on her dress-up clothes or want to wear winter clothes in the summer, etc. She was very proud of herself and reminded me that she made sure the tags were in the back. Lately, without us reminding her, she asks to be excused from the dinner table and puts her dirty dishes in the sink. Woohoo! It's quite gratifying as a parent to watch your child gain independence.

Yesterday morning, we were watching  a show with singing and it mentioned "family." She put her arms around Travis and I and said, "This is my family!" Awww, it melted my heart!

Her new favorite food right now is tacos- YAY! Can you feel my relief? As everyone knows, Mexican is my favorite type of food. So far, this is the only gluten free meal that we all eat together.

I should knock on wood right now because she is being SO AWESOME lately.

1 comment:

Beth Zarling said...

And now you have jinxed yourself. See? It worked out perfectly you had to wait a little while to have a second kiddo. Gabby will be super helpful and somewhat self-sufficient in time for you to have a newborn. Perfect.