Update on Olivia
Olivia will be 22 months old and I can’t believe it. I’ve
been looking at pictures of her and she’s just grown heaps and bounds… Being a
working mom with three kiddies, I haven’t been the best at documenting who this
little lady is becoming… Since Google is blocked in China, I’ve been unable to
post on my blog, even with a VPN. This summer, I’m getting caught-up!
Here are some highlights and thoughts:
- Livvy is starting pre-school at the school both Isabelle and Gabriella attended, called CIBA (Children’s-International-Bilingual-Academy). She’s only going two days a week for half-a-day but will eventually go full-time once she gets a bit older. I think she’ll enjoy the socialization and it will also give Chen some time to clean the house.
- This past week, she sleeps with “baby” and takes her around everywhere. I’m not exactly sure how that happened… She just asked for her when I put her down to sleep and it made her happy, now she must have baby.
- She is speaking more and more. I can’t keep up with all the words… There are more and more each day. Her first word was daddy or dada and shortly after that, mama, and xie-xie.
- She loves Dora and Frozen… She says “Elsa, back-pack, Dora, Swiper.” She looks at their picture and points to them. Anyone that has a mean look, she points at them and makes a scared faced. So funny!
- She LOVES the song “Let it Go” and tries to sing it.
- LOVES books. I catch her sitting there by herself looking at all the pictures. So far, she seems more into them then the other girls but maybe that’s just my memory.
-
This girl has a serious temper and can get
really upset. Yet another strong-willed daughter! What can I say? It must be in
the genes.
Update on Isabelle
My happy and friendly middle daughter... Smack dab in the
middle, a little too small for Gabby and her friends (although she tries super
hard and it sometimes works and they’ll include her) and too old for Livvy’s
“baby friends,” as she puts it. In fact, Livvy had a play-date before we left
and Chen said Isabelle wouldn’t play with them and went into her room. I was
actually a bit surprised by that, as Isabelle’s personality seems pretty
easy-going to me. I think she’s learning some things from her big sister??? In
August, she’ll start PreK-3 at ISB and will be there for a full day. I think
she’s going to love it and I’m looking forward to having her in the same school
as Gabby and maybe seeing her in the hallways!!
Here are some highlights and thoughts:
- Isabelle was asked to model some clothes for the owner of CIBA (her pre-school). Apparently, the owner (or one of her friends) owns a clothes factory? I’m not completely clear on that, but anyway, she got to keep two of the outfits. I’ll need to ask if I can see the pictures! What a fun keepsake that’d be.
- Isabelle runs and jumps in my arms and gives me such sweet kisses and the best hugs ever! She’s extremely affectionate.
- Loves dolls, jewelry, high-heeled shoes, and notices people’s make-up and likes to compliment people on this. In fact, she told Dorothy Ghylin that she likes her make-up.
-
She’s intrinsically helpful. She just seems to
know when and how to help. When Aunt Debbie was leaving the house she knew to
help her find her shoe. Last night, she went downstairs while we were getting
ready for bed and got Livvy’s “baby” because she knew she would want to sleep
with her. These are just some examples of the little things…
No comments:
Post a Comment