Monday, August 13, 2012

Gabriella's First day of Kindergarten

Outside Our House

Picture Mural

I love these picture murals at our school!

Outside...

Gabriella and Emily

Found her locker!




So excited to see Emily!
She'll be right next door

Ms. Christine-- Love her already!

There's something about entering Kindergarten... I don't know exactly what it is... the beginning of "real school" or maybe the fact that she won't just be playing and it will be more academic. I thought for sure I would get a little teary-eyed but I know she's ready. I'm glad she loves to learn and I can't wait until she starts reading! Her teacher, Ms. Christine, seems awesome. The best part is that she eats gluten free food as well and totally "gets it." So now I don't feel like an annoying mom having to ask a ton of questions to make sure Gabriella is safe... It's just one less thing I need to worry about. Plus, it's a cool bond/connection to have with her teacher. :)

So, I guess that's it... my baby girl is now a Kindergartener.

Oh, and by the way, she's going by "Gabriella" this year. 

Thanks to Alex (Emily's mum) for the purple dress, as you can see she wore the first day of school and loves it!

No comments: