Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Chinese New Year of the Dragon

Gabriella in her Chinese Dress

The Chinese Parade at School
Holding her Homemade Chinese Lantern

She's so happy to me!

Waiting for the line to go again...

Miss Chatterbox talking to me 
while I'm snapping pictures!

Daddy and Gabriella

Strike a Pose

Isabelle and Scary Chinese Performer!

There are my lil ladies

The Twin Towers- Reagan and Gabriella
They really look alike here!

Mama and her Girls

Daddy and his Gabby

Personally, the year of the Dragon is my favorite year and clearly superior to the cock and pig. I may be a bit biased since I'm a Dragon but still, it is a cool year. Chinese people think so too, so there will probably be even more Chinese kids being more in 2012.

Every year, the whole school does a parade and the best part is seeing the little kids and the dragon dance. I bought Gabby a cheap dress (which promptly ripped, good thing it was 3 bucks) and her class made red lanterns to hold while they walked in the parade. She was SO proud of herself and my friends thought she did great too.

What's even better is that we have a week off of school. We basically hibernated because Gabby got sick but we went on play dates here and there and hung out with some friends. It was SO COLD that none of us really wanted to leave the house. The negative is that we had no ayi so we actually had to clean. I know, poor me.

1 comment:

Beth Zarling said...

I love her dress! I can't wait to be at the same school as Harper so I can go to all these things!!