Monday, April 11, 2011

Gabby Rides Bike for First Time!


This goes down in the baby book... 3 years and 8 months Gabby rode her bike without training wheels. I can't take any credit for this because Travis is the one that made this happen so I need to pat him on the back too. He taught her the German way, which is not to use a bike with training wheels but to use a push bike. That way, kids learn how to balance and just put their feet down when they want to stop. Makes sense and has worked for us. The video of this is hilarious... she rides the first time on the schoo, track with no problem then at the end screams, "I don't like it!" Of course the next day she asks when we can go back out and ride again.

Now we (by 'we' I mean Travis) need to teach her how to use the hand brake.

Check out her new bike too!

1 comment:

Beth Zarling said...

OK, that convinced me. I was thinking about a balance bike and thought it was voodoo.