Monday, June 22, 2009

Gabby's Second Birthday





We had Gabby's second birthday party today and it went well. Her actual birthday in June 28th, but we'll be on a road trip to Yellowstone and will do a little one for her on that trip but wanted to do a family one this time. It was a Sesame Street theme, with an emphasis on Elmo because she adores him. It was originally going to be at a park, but not many people could make it and the weather wasn't that great so we had it at my parent's house. My parents, Marty, Grammy LaNita *Trav's mom), Aunt Tahnee (tav's sister), cousin Langston, Uncle Toby (Trav's brother), and cousins Stuart and Wesley were there to make it a fun party. We all wore Elmo hats and sand "Happy Birthday" to her and she loved it. In fact, later that night she was saying "Happy Birthday Gabby!" I got a regular cake made from Fred Meyer and baked her some gluten free cupcakes. It was never clear if the store-bought frosting was gluten free so I didn't get it. She's also not supposed to eat dairy so I didn't make homemade frosting- hopfully next year. She got some really cool stuff. I think Travis and I are going to shell out some moola in China and buy her a Little Tikes kitchen. I know she would love it and get a lot of use out of it. Plus, we have the space since we moved.

No comments: