Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy

We're keeping pretty busy lately. Travis and I went to a hot pot restaurant and a karaoke bar on Saturday for a friend's birthday. Many of our friends are leaving this year which is sad- a lot of hellos and goodbyes when you live overseas. We went to the doctor on Sunday because Gabby has this rash around her mouth. We were originally told it was because of her pacifier so we took it away cold turkey (surprisingly easy to do!) but it's still here three weeks later. Needless to say, we're trying an antibiotic cream which seems to be working. We're moving to a new compound, called Capital Paradise- or as Travis endearingly says- Crapital Parasite. We lived there before but it was lame. However, we can get a big place (over 2000 square feet) and there's a clubhouse that has an indoor/outdoor pool, indoor play gym, fitness room, squash court, bowling alley, massage and hair place, and restaurant. It probably sounds really cool but it looks a bit run down. The compound is FULL of families with kids so we'll be able to make friends easily with other families and Gabby will have tons of play dates. Another bonus is that the two year old Pre-Pre-School (not a typo) is across the street so the ayi can easily walk her over. We're looking at places this week... * fingers crossed * we find something.

Gabby Highlights: She's talking up a storm! She says "belly-butt" for bellybutton- this cracks me up every time. I'm not sure if I want to correct her. She knows all the body parts too and likes to point them out on you. Today she grabbed my arms when I was watching American Idol and said, "dance, dance!" I can't believe how fascinated she is with books! Luckily, we can check-out books at our school library. Her favorite book of the moment now is "How Does a Dinosaur Say Good Night?" I highly recommend it! My mom's best friend bought her that one.

1 comment:

Beth Zarling said...

The sacrifices we make for our kids. I am glad we got to stay at the shiny new place, although the pool will be great!