Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy New Year of the Ox




WOW! What an awesome weekend we just had... The Hilton has a deal now where you can stay half off over the weekend if you book by January so we stayed Saturday and Sunday night at the Wanfujing Hilton which is just down the road from the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Night Market, and lots of other cool stuff. The weather was cold but there were blue skies, crisp air, and the sun was shining bright, so I can't complain. We did some walking around the area and got a chance to swim- which Gabby really liked. Travis and his buddy got some "man time" (plus Gabby) and flew kites around Tiananmen Square. I guess she was having a blast chasing the fallen kite and helping them fix it. She was so bundled up that she looked like the kid from "A Christmas Story." While the boys were doing that, I got a foot massage with my friend who is about to give birth any second. As always, that was a nice and well deserved treat. We stayed in a pimp room and watched the AMAZING firecracker show at midnight. The entire city was engulfed in bright lights... it was truly spectacular... check out the video. We laid in a big, comfy bed and just watched it out our window. Gabriella fell asleep through the whole thing.

Other Gabby highlights... she is saying three word sentences, "Where is it," "Here we go," and "I don't want." She also took her first poop (okay turd) on the toilet. Almonds and satsumas seem to be the favorite food of the moment.

1 comment:

Beth Zarling said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish we would have been there!